Saturday, January 30, 2010

Last Weekend in Miami

This is the last weekend I am here in Miami before joining my next ship for about a month. I will be on two Caribbean cruises, but more about them another time.

This weekend I take it easy, I have explored the city center a little bit, just to see what there is. Of course all the well known hotels like the Conrad, Shangri La and many more, but I just ignored them this time, maybe next time I will explore them a bit. Today I chilled at Bayside, a nice park and shopping area with many restaurants. The ones like Bubba Gump, great for Seafood, Hard Rock Cafe or Hooters, great for the boys! I just enjoyed a lovely Salmon Burger at Ham Bur Gue Sa or hamburguesa, a lovely small joint a bit on the side of Bayside. I didn't have to wait long at all and the hamburger was nice and juicy topped with caramelized Onions, yummy.

During the week I went with Mike and Marilynn to a joint called Tobacco Road. They were the first ones in Florida to get a liquor licence, so it is Licence Nr. 1, quite a thing I think. They have great specials during the week, Lobster the one night and T Bone the other night. We had some really great Hamburgers that night, with a fried egg, mushroom sauce everything nice and juicy. Don't ask me how I ate it, I think one has to be born here to be able to eat a Hamburger without messing.....I can't!

So now as I am back online I thought I treat you will a really nice Hamburger Recipe, at lest the patty, the most important part of the burger, then just top it with whatever you feel like and put it in a Bun and Voila!



The recipe serves 4 generous portions

900 g (2 lb) Ground Beef
90 g (3 oz) Onions, chopped
15 g (0.5 oz) Worcestershire Sauce
30 g (1 oz) Mango chutney
30 g (1 oz) Sweet Mustard
Salt, Pepper
Tabasco

Fry the finely chopped onions in a bit oil on low heat till translucent, cool down and add to the ground beef. Mix all the other ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Add a bit Tabasco sauce to give it a bit spiciness.
Form 250 g (0.5 lb)patties and fry them in oil.
Make sure you get really fresh and lean mince and use it the same day, like you can under cook the patty.

Then go wild, try the burger topped with blue cheese and poached pears(change the salad to rocket!)

Oh, before I forget, I have added the photos for the past couple of blogs, it is worth looking at them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...