Thursday, March 4, 2010

Creme Brulee in Grand Cayman

Grand Cayman and Creme Brulee????? Oh yes, I like it. I am on a quick trip to Grand Cayman and back to Miami with one stop in Key West. So I should actually write something about Key Lime Pie, which is absolutely wonderful, but as I could not go out in Key West I decided that I write something about Creme Brulee.

I think it is as well as we have just received 300 new Creme Brulee forms and everybody is very exited about it, so I want to show you the perfect Creme Brulee!

But before that a bit about my days here. It is a lot of fun, I really enjoy my job. For the time being I am not cooking too much but that will change soon as next week I have to photograph some chicken dishes, yes and I will of course give you a glimpse and some recipes too. At the moment we are trying to get the guest eating in the alternative dining venue called Destinations.

The food is fantastic there, but it seems that many people forget about this place, so tomorrow we will be doing a presentation table together with the bar manager and hopefully more people will be booking a table.
Then we will look at the presentation of the Tapas in Cova Cafe. One of my favoured spots on the ship where I have my daily dose of Cappuccino and Espresso. They serve the most amazing Danishes and Croissants in the morning, then lovely Pastries in the afternoon and then around dinner time there are a range of Tapas with lovely live music, changing from classical to acapella to jazz, just a great place to be. So all we want to do is making sure the standard is as the company requests and that the crew is well trained and the buffet looks nice. So another busy day but at least loads of little projects.

But now enough talking, here the promised recipe

Creme Brulee for 10 friends





750 ml (0.75 quart) Cream
750 ml (0.75 quart) Milk
1 ea Vanilla Beans
200 g (7 oz) Sugar
8 ea Eggs
4 ea Egg yolks
100 g (3.5 oz) Sugar for Caramel

Boil up milk, cream, sugar and scraped out vanilla pod
Strain through chinoise strainer
Whisk egg yolks and eggs together
Add hot liquid carefully, stirring all the time
Pour the mix into creme brulee containers
Poach in the oven in a water bath at 110 o C (230 o F) till cooked, about 25 minutes
Cool the brulees down completely
Sprinkle the remaining sugar on the creme brulees
Caramelize the sugar with Blow Torche

Enjoy the Brulees as soon as possible to have the caramel still nice and crispy

I am siting at Grand Cayman airport right now, still nearly 2 hours to go for my flight, but having fun writing this Blog and watching Cricket at the same time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...